6.6.08

Missing the Office Cab

I woke up at 7 :40 AM. Shit.I rushed to the bathroom and i was out in around 15 mins. i got dressed in 5 mins.i saw the clock and it was 8:03 AM.
I had missed my office cab. i hated this. the office cab was always so convenient.
anyway,i was already late, so i had proper breakfast and watched a story on the lions in the Gir Forest on discovery and set off to office.
I took a rick and reached the BMTC Bus Stand. as i was walking in, i saw a very good looking girl. she wore a pair of jeans and a wipro t-shirt.
I was in my own thoughts and just walked to the stand, waited for 5 mins and the Volvo arrived.i boarded the Bus and this girl also came running.
I bought my ticket and so did she and there was no place to sit. so we both just went towards the back of the bus hoping someone would get up.
Here, for the first time, i noticed her properly. i think i was slightly attracted to her.and i really felt she too felt the same way.
then, a person closer to where she was standing got up. she turned towards me and said "you can go sit". i was not expecting this.
why would she do that? i replied that it was ok and asked her to go sit there.but she insisted. and i agreed. i went and sat there.
my attraction towards her increased. around 3 mins after this, the person right next to me got up.
I must say i was very happy.i thought i would get a chance to talk to her and probably exchange numbers.
she noticed that the seat was getting empty,looked at me and started walking towards me.
i was getting really excited about this. 10 kms to go, i must be able to make a decent conversation with her. i said to myself.
But,i guess god had other plans. while she was walking towards me, 2 more people right next to her got up too.
she looked at me again and sat there.
I looked up and asked "Why me god?" my heart was broken. how many times does anyone get attracted to someone so soon.
there had to be something special between us i thought.i started cursing the 2 people who had got up.
the radio was on and the next song was "Tumse Hi" from Jab we Met. this just cant be coincidence. but i could do nothing about the situation.
I was just lost in the song and the situation till my stop.
I said bye to her in my mind,got down and walked towards office. it was a dull day. i could not stop thinking about her.
finally, i thought these things happen and went to bed.
Next day, i got up early at 7:00 AM. but she was still in my mind. i thought i'll give it another try and deliberately got ready late and reached the bus stand at the same time as the previous day.
I looked around but could not spot her anywhere. i was disappointed.
anyway, the Volvo arrived, and i boarded the bus and surprisingly, there was place to sit.
I chose a seat and plugged on my ear phones to listen to some radio.
someone tapped my shoulder and i turned and removed my ear phones.
she said "aren't you gonna get up for me today?"
I looked up and smiled.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have decided to go in Volvo bus from now :)

Rimas Kaul said...

Hi Manas,

It is a nice post. Not much to say about the coincidences; but you never know where and how your life will take a sudden turn. Is it really good or bad for the person? time is the best entity to opine on that. Anyways... carry on buddy... and yes, you deserve "all the best"....

Aniruddha Roy said...

Dud........b d nxt director after Imtiyaz Ali....with captions "JAB CLOSE WE MET".......Gud one...:))

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh my gaaad!!! ya make me proud!!!

Unknown said...

Dude i guess this happens every day for some 1lakh people in india so chill nothing to be happy for....:) :)